Right Hand Technical Requirements
Left Hand Technical Requirements
1. An Exercise for bars 9-10 & 13-14. Left Hand Rhythm. Commence each bar with the little finger in the left hand.
2. An Exercise for bars 12 & 13. Octaves. This exercise only uses fingers 1 and 5 with both hands.
3. An Exercise for bars 1, 3 & 12. Dotted Rhythms. As you play this exercise, remember that a dotted note often has a hidden tie.
4. An Exercise for bar 15. Semiquaver Timing. The second exercise looks a lot harder, but count these two exercises carefully and they should sound the same.
In the first exercise a minim equals 1 count while in the second exercise a crotchet equals 1 count.
5. An Exercise for bar 6 & 7. Finger Sequence. The right hand use the same finger pattern each time the sequence occurs. The 1, 2, 4 sequence is used from the piece, do not use 5 on the upper note as that will eliminate the skill being exercised. Use finger 2 on A4 flat, this will require wrist movement to allow 1 on F4, 2 on A4 flat, use the wrist to change the angle to achieve 4 on D5
To download the workbook see
https://www.stalybridgemusicacademy.com/product-page/exercises-for-wiegenlied-brahms-arr To download a knowledge book see https://www.stalybridgemusicacademy.com/product-page/worksheet-for-wiegenlied-brahms-arr